Friday, July 1, 2011

How am I doing on my Budget for Food/Household items?

You may or may not know this, but I have been keeping track of all my purchases for food and household items since January. I want to see how much we spend, so I can set a budget to go by next year. At the end of the year, I will divide my TOTAL spent by 52 weeks. We are 1/2 way there, and today I will be dividing the TOTAL of all 6 months by 26. Here are my monthly totals for 2011.

Jan. $467.88
Feb. $427.21
Mar. $356.18
Apr. $267.50
May $562.36
Jun. $537.95
TOTAL: $2,619.08

That's $100 per week. This includes all household items including: toiletries, paper products, diapers and all baby needs, laundry and dishwasher detergents, & cleaning supplies. We consume most of our meals at home (the hubby takes leftovers to work) and I try to feed my family healthy balanced meals with lots of fruit and veggies. We also donate items from our weekly grocery runs, these are usually cheap and free items, though.

How do you think we are doing? Are you, too, trying to set a budget on grocery/household spending for your family? If you already have a budget set for your family, how did you decide on what the right amount was? Feel free to leave a comment and share your ideas and/or what works for you and your family!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question? Leave a comment below!