Thursday, November 4, 2010

Easy Homemade Soup

I got this tip from somewhere a while back. I can't remember where I read it, but I wanted to share it with you guys! I keep a container with a lid in the freezer for tid bits. By tid bits, I mean corn or green beans or potatoes (or other soup ingredients like diced tomatoes or beans) that you have left after your normal week night meals, but it's not enough to use for another meal. Instead of throwing this out, add it to this container in the freezer. After a couple months or whenever you have enough, take the container out of the freezer and put it in a larger bowl that has been filled 1/2 way with HOT water. This will loosen it from the edges. Let it sit a few minutes and then turn it over into a pot. Add a carton of chicken stock (or however much is needed). If you want ground beef in the soup, cook some up and add it to the pot. Cook on medium high until it is piping hot and everything is thawed out. Serve with crackers or cornbread. Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question? Leave a comment below!