Saturday, May 7, 2011

What's for Dinner Tonight? Lasagna!

I have not posted a "What's for Dinner Tonight?" post in a few days. I had one to post yesterday, but I lost it all right when I was finished :( So, here I am doing it all over and I am adding more to it to get caught up. The reason I post what we're having for dinner is so that you can get ideas for your dinner menus, but also to show you that you CAN cook healthy meals very cheaply. Now I am not saying that my menus are the healthiest, but I do try my best to feed my family as healthy as I can, which can be quite challenging, you know with picky eaters and all!! I buy my favorite products in bulk with coupons when they are at a rock bottom price. I show you the links back to the item when I purchased it at Publix or I give the purchase price that was paid at a local store on an in-between Publix shopping trip. I do this also to show you that buying products with coupons REALLY does pay off and it is So worth the effort put in! We are down to under $300 per month on our budget for Household items. This includes food, paper goods, cleaning supplies, baby needs, toiletries, and laudry and dish detergents! I keep an unpublished post and every time money is spent on household needs, I go and add it to the list and I share it with you all at the end of each month! Do you all like my "What's for Dinner?" posts? Is is helpful? Please leave a comment to let me know because it takes a while to do these posts and while I don't mind if it IS helping someone, but if it isn't, I could be doing something else that might interest you all instead.

Lasagna

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground chuck $3.16 ($3.16/lb.@ Food Outlet)
  • 1/2 box Mueller's Lasagna $.25, see post HERE
  • 1 jar Classico sauce FREE, see post HERE
  • 1 jar Bertolli sauce $.65, see post HERE
  • 15 oz. container Sorrento ricotta cheese (I'm gonna say $1.75, can't find receipt.)
  • 2 cups Kraft shredded mozzarella cheese $.50, see post HERE
  • 1/2 cup Publix parmesan cheese FREE, see post HERE
  • 1/2 cup Egg Beaters liquid eggs FREE, see post HERE
TOTAL: $6.31 OR $6.89 w/tax!
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.  
  2. Brown beef in a large skillet; drain.
  3. Add the 2 jars pasta sauce to beef; let simmer.
  4. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, Egg Beaters and 1 cup mozzarella cheese; mix well.
  5. Spread 1 cup sauce/beef mixture in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Layer with 1/3 lasagna, 1/2 ricotta cheese mixture, 1/3 sauce/beef mixture. Repeat layering.
  6. Add remaining lasagna and top with remaining sauce/beef mixture.
  7. Cover with foil and bake 55 minutes.
  8. Remove foil and add remaining mozzarella cheese.
  9. Bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes more.
  10. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
  11. Serve with a colorful salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question? Leave a comment below!